Disha Parmar Vaidya is a popular and well-acclaimed Indian TV artist who also works as a model. Known for her pleasant performance on screen, she came into the limelight after her debut role in 2012 as Pankhuri Gupta in the daily soap Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara. Her other coming-out character Jhanvi Agarwal was also well-received in the 2017 show Woh Apna Sa. Currently, since August 2021, she’s been representing a character called Priya Sood in the serial Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2 created by Ekta Kapoor.
- Birthday – 11 November 1994
- Age – 27 years
- Height – Approx. 176 cm or 1.76 m (5 feet and 8 inches)
- Family – Ashok Parmar (Father), Geeta Parmar (Mother), Gaurav Parmar (Brother), Sister: Not known.
- Religion – Hinduism
- Physical Appearance – Hair color: Black, Eye color: Brown
- Husband – Rahul Vaidya (married in 2021)
- Hailing from – New Delhi, India.
- Current residence – Mumbai, India.
- Working years – 2012 to Present.
During her childhood and early life, Disha Parmar Vaidya attended the Vaswani International School in Delhi. She was an active participant in dance competitions and took an ardent interest in plays, dramas, and fashion shows. She used to work for various print and commercial ads in Delhi and was always keen on acting and modeling, and for a year, she operated under Elite Model Management India Pvt. Ltd., which was Delhi-based. Here, she was assigned to coordinate and run the auditions for Rajshri Productions.
Parmar eventually left her graduate studies and education midway at the University of Delhi to work as the leading female character – Pankhuri Gupta in the show Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara, for which she was selected after her audition. During that time, Disha Parmar was only 17 years old.
Her performance in the 2012-14 daily soap Pyaar Ka Dard Hai… was critically acclaimed and well-received by the audience. People especially appreciated her natural way of showcasing emotions and the romantic screen time with her male collaborator Nakul Mehta in the serial. After the show, she continued to be involved in various commercials and TV ads. In 2016, she got an opportunity to work for a cameo role as herself in the Web Series – I Don’t Watch TV, which was broadcast on the Indian OTT platform brand Arre.
Disha was cast as the lead role Jhanvi/Jia in the daily serial Woh Apna Sa Sudeep Sahir as her co-star. It was aired from 2017-18 and was licensed by Zee TV. The pair’s chemistry and acting on screen gained them tremendous applause from the audience and highlighted Disha’s acting and performing skills in the acting industry and TV projects.
She’s currently working in Ekta Kapoor’s created daily soap Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2, where she’s cast to play as Priya Ram Kapoor (nee Sood).
Disha Parmar was proposed by the singer and composer Rahul Krushna Vaidya on the 2020-21 airing reality show Bigg Boss 14. They got married on 16 July 2021.
Disha Parmar has been prolifically active and worked under different Television shows, and made special appearances on many of them. She’s also been featured in the music videos Yaad Teri (2019), sung by Rahul Vaidya and Madhanya (2021), voiced by Asees Kaur and Rahul Vaidya. She had also auditioned for several simultaneous roles to work as an actress in different movies around 2012, though Parmar couldn’t make it to the finals. We might expect her to restart applying for the movies for striking another silver lining in her acting career.
Awards and Achievements
- Due to her commendable work and praiseworthy performance, Disha has won several awards in her field. Here’s a list of her achievements –
- The Indian Telly Awards for Fresh New Face (Female) won in 2013 for the show Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara.
- She won the BIG Star Entertainment Award for Entertainer of the Year (Female) in 2013 for the daily soap Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara.
- The Indian Telly Awards for Best Jodi won in 2014 for the show Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara.
- The Indian Telly Awards as Favorite Naya Sadasya won in 2018 for the show Woh Apna Sa.
- She’s been nominated for the Indian Television Academy Awards in the upcoming year 2022 as Best Actress (Popular) for the presently airing serial Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2.
- In 2014, Disha Parmar had participated in Box Cricket League or BCL.
- Her hobbies include reading fiction books, swimming, dancing, and working out. She’s also an avid music fan and loves listening to songs from different genres. Parmar also loves to travel and has a bucket list of her dream destinations.
- Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
- She’s a non-vegetarian and loves Punjabi and Continental food.
- Her favorite actors are Deepika Padukone, Salman Khan, and Akshay Kumar.
- As of 2020, she appeared on the list of “The Top 5 Most Googled Women of 2020.”
- Her role as Jhanvi in Woh Apna Sa made her one of the Most-Loved TV Actresses in 2017.
- She has made several special appearances in other TV and reality shows like Indian Idol 12 (2021), Kaun Banega Crorepati (2021), Big Boss 9 (2015) and 14 (2021), Kumkum Bhagya (2015), Diya Aur Bati Hum (2013), Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai? (2013) Saath Nibhana Saathiya (2012), etc.
At a young age, Disha Parmar has managed to accomplish plenty due to her hard work and dedication in her field of choice. She’s one of the leading and trending faces on the internet and has attracted a huge fan base from her works and performance delivery style. Her career is still flourishing like her life and personality, and she’s showing a promising future in the TV and commercial industry.
Parmar has social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can follow her there.