Why hello there, gentle readers! As you’ve likely surmised from the title above, the Assistance Dog Blog Carnival is now upon us!
And once again I’m playing hostess, which means I get the supreme privilege of choosing the theme for this fifteenth1 edition:
The one thing I’ve noticed (and experienced) in many past rounds is that whether the theme is broad or narrow there are always those who have trouble finding something to write about. It is my hope to alleviate that in some way so I’ve thought of this topic in a twofold manner.
The first being interpretations of the topic itself, such as:
- The empowerment and independence gained through partnering with an assistance dog;
- The boundaries and limits surpassed when raising/training an assistance dog-to-be;
- A moment when you felt unburdened;
- An anecdote about hindrances or restraints and/or how these were overcome;
- A story about your autonomy in working with or training an assistance dog
Alternately, the second aspect of this topic is the actual state of being free. Meaning that you have no restrictions on what you may write about, whether it’s a previous topic from past editions or a piece you’ve thought up on your own.
- This was mistakenly promoted as the “fourteenth” edition due to a rogue past edition, but thankfully the Internet never forgets and it was quickly discovered before it could find a fake passport and wander off into parts unknown. ↩