Three days; three posts! What is this madness?
Anyway, I started this year with a bunch of more-or-less goals in mind. Since I was determined to not feel like a failure if I went through the year without accomplishing them, I specifically didn’t call them resolutions. This is handy because I definitely didn’t accomplish any of them, though, not for lack of desire or effort.
In any event, I definitely failed at reading books for the TBR Pile Challenge. And whittling down my to-reads in general. Of the twelve books on last year’s list (picked from some 300+ on my to-read shelf) I managed to finish a total of two. And, unfortunately, neither of those counted in the challenge since I never wrote a review for either. Oops!
This time, I plan to be less of a slacker and so without further ado I present a new, yet slightly recycled list for the 2014 TBR Challenge:
2. Lucky You by Carl Hiaasen (1997)
3. Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton (2004)
4. Mirror, Mirror by Gregory Maguire (2004)
5. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (2004)
6. Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt (1996)
7. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (1976)
8. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult (2004)
9. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (1998)
10. Touch the Top of the World by Erik Weihemmayer (2001)
11. Watership Down by Richard Adams (1972)
12. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (2003)
Alternates: I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (1954) and Goliath by Scott Westerfeld (2011)