My to-be-read shelf is ridiculous. According to Goodreads it currently stands at 396 books. Which means even if I read only the books on that shelf at the same average speed I generally read it would take me more than two years to get through. And the last time I worked at whittling it down was in 2010 when I got it down into the double digits.
So, seems I came across the annual TBR Pile Challenge at the perfect time. Below is my list for the year. The rules specify only twelve books and two alternates and that they each must be published prior to 2012. My hope is to get through more than just those dozen books especially since I also have several books on my shelf that are outside of the scope of the challenge rules. We’ll see how this goes and I’ll update this post as I read through the books and link to the applicable reviews.
2. Lucky You by Carl Hiaasen (1997)
3. Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton (2004)
4. The Art of Racing the Rain by Garth Stein (2008)
5. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (2004)
6. Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt (1996)
7. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice (1976)
8. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult (2004)
9. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (1998)
10. Touch the Top of the World by Erik Weihemmayer (2001)
11. Watership Down by Richard Adams (1972)
12. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (2003)
Alternates: I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (1954) and Goliath by Scott Westerfeld (2011)