Why hello there, gentle readers! As you’ve likely surmised from the title above, the Assistance Dog Blog Carnival is now upon us!
And once again I’m playing hostess, which means I get the supreme privilege of choosing the theme for this fifteenth1 edition:
The one thing I’ve noticed (and experienced) in many past rounds is that whether the theme is broad or narrow there are always those who have trouble finding something to write about. It is my hope to alleviate that in some way so I’ve thought of this topic in a twofold manner.
The first being interpretations of the topic itself, such as:
- The empowerment and independence gained through partnering with an assistance dog;
- The boundaries and limits surpassed when raising/training an assistance dog-to-be;
- A moment when you felt unburdened;
- An anecdote about hindrances or restraints and/or how these were overcome;
- A story about your autonomy in working with or training an assistance dog
Alternately, the second aspect of this topic is the actual state of being free. Meaning that you have no restrictions on what you may write about, whether it’s a previous topic from past editions or a piece you’ve thought up on your own.
Suggestions for the topic are merely that, so please feel free to think outside the box or utilize the “free” nature of this topic and expand on your own ideas. Anyone with a blog is welcome to submit a post for the Carnival. You do not have to have an assistance dog or puppy-in-training to participate; however, the post must be related in some way to assistance dogs (i.e., guide dogs, hearing dogs, or service dogs). If you’re interested in participating and you don’t have a blog, I’m more than happy to have you post as a guest here at Gentle Wit. Alternately, there are literally tons of websites where you can create one for free, such as WordPress, Blogger, and LiveJournal.
We do advise you to please make your blog as accessible to potential readers as possible. I’m more than happy to assist with this, you need only ask.
Submissions for the 15th Carnival are due before midnight (11:59 p.m. EDT) on Wednesday, May 7, 2014. However, if you anticipate not being able to meet this deadline, please get in touch with me as soon as possible so I know to expect a post from you. And, while not required, it would be nice if you could note in your post that it is for the 15th Assistance Dog Blog Carnival with a link here to this post.
To submit your post for the Carnival please comment on this post with the following information:
- The name of your blog (e.g., Gentle Wit)
- The title of your Carnival post (e.g., “An Open Letter to the ‘Public'”)
- The link (URL) to your Carnival post (e.g., http://gentlewit.com/2012/07/letter/)
[Note: My website is set to moderate comments from first-time posters, so if you do not see your comment immediately that is likely why.]
One last thing, it would be a great help if you would promote the Carnival by sharing the link!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached via email, through a comment here, and on any of the social networks listed in the right-hand sidebar.
EDIT: Deadline extended from April 27 to May 7.
- This was mistakenly promoted as the “fourteenth” edition due to a rogue past edition, but thankfully the Internet never forgets and it was quickly discovered before it could find a fake passport and wander off into parts unknown. ↩